A comfortable farm cottage, with private gardens. Located on a working farm in a lovely picturesque area of the countryside but an easy car or train ride to Edinburgh (half an hour).
Excellent base for walking, cycling or exploring the whole of Scotland. Two bedroom (one double, one twin) bathroom with shower and second toilet. North Berwick, a lovely seaside town is 4 miles away, plus Museum of Flight (with Concorde), Glenkinchie Distillery are very close. Ideal for a trip to the Tattoo during the Edinburgh Festival.
Electricity, bed linen and towels included. Internet access/ wifi.
Dogs by prior arrangement.
Well equipped kitchen, underfloor heating, wifi. Large sittting room with dining area and stable door to garden. One double bedroom, one twin bedroom, bathroom with shower over bath, 2nd toilet.
Sunny terrace garden.
We have cattle, sheep , horses, hens and friendly dogs. Grieve's is a lovely renovated traditional farm cottage, in beautiful quiet countryside yet only 4mls to beach.
Farm, air museum, farm theme park, beach, Edinburgh, touring centre. Sea swimming , surfing school (Dunbar), wakeboarding (Dunbar). Local beach horseriding. Edinburgh International Festival. Fringe and Tattoo.
Fabulous countryside close to Edinburgh.
Stonelaws is an ideal base for walking, cycling or car exploration of the nearby attractions of North Berwick (Scottish Seabird Centre, wonderful beaches), Concorde at the Museum of Flight (1 mile), numerous East Lothian golf courses. East Linton, an attractive conservation village with good delicatessen, butcher, and inns serving local food.
Newcastle Ferry 2 hours.
We won't charge you yet
Please note that usage-based cost can occur additionally. If you have any questions please get in touch with the owner directly.
Conditions of Booking
Provisional bookings are accepted on the basis that the deposit is received within 7 days, otherwise the booking may be cancelled with no further notice:
1. To pay a non-refundable 20% deposit to confirm the booking, and to pay the full balance due not less than six weeks before the start of the booked period. If a booking is made less than six weeks before the start of the holiday, the full amount due is payable immediately to confirm the booking. The Owners reserve the right to refuse entry if full payment has not been received, and to cancel the booking and re-let the property to alternative guests if full payment is not received six weeks prior to the start of the booked period.
2. If you have any reason to cancel your booking, you will forfeit a proportion of you payment. Cancellation up to 21 days prior, 60% is forfeited and up to 7 days 80% is forfeited. We regret that we can not make any refund if you cancel within 7 days of your arrival
3. To limit the total number of people occupying the booked property to that as stated as its maximum capacity
4. To vacate the property by 10.00 a.m. on the final day of let (Incoming guests may arrive from 4.00 p.m.)
5. To leave the property clean and tidy, with full inventory, and to reimburse the Owners for any breakages, loss or damage.
6. To keep any dogs under strict control at all times and accept liability for any damage caused by them
7 As Stonelaws is a working farm, dogs should be kept on leash at all times within the farm steading and its environs.
8. Please ensure dogs are not allowed on furniture or in bedrooms. Dogs are not to be left alone at any time in or near the accommodation.
9 To use the property solely for its purpose as self-catering holiday accommodation and to accept the Owner's right to refuse entry to the property any person considered unsuitable to take charge.
10. The cottage is strictly non-smoking. Smoking is not permitted within any part of the premises.
11. That the Owners shall not be held responsible or liable for any accident, loss or mishap to persons or property whilst on or using the premises, or from any illness or injury arising from any cause whatsoever.
10. To accept that should the property become unavailable or unsuitable for letting subsequent to booking through any cause, the Owner's liability shall be limited to the amount of any rent paid.
11. To allow the Owners or their agents access to the property at all reasonable times.
Weekly holidays either Friday- Friday or Saturday - Saturday . Please enquire for other days
Mrs. Jill Hunter
I speak: English
Accommodation number: 35437
Hello. Jill and Colin Hunter run a 550 acre farm in the heart of East Lothian's lovely countryside, but only a short distance from the coast and lovely beaches. On the farm we have horses, cows, sheep and our 4 friendly farm dogs. We look forward to welcoming you to our holiday cottage.
No reviews have been submitted for this accommodation. Write the first review now!