Muir Cottage is a charming , warm farm cottage, retaining many of the original feaures. It has a lovely south facing sitting room looking to the Lammermuir Hills, well equipped dining kitchen,and large bathroom with shower over bath. There is a large double bedroom on the ground floor and an extensive twin bedroom/ sitting room at upper level. Lovely sunny enclosed garden and terrace.
The cottage has underfloor heating and wifi.
The cottage can link with Law Cottage, the adjoining cottage to sleep up to 8 people.
Scottish Tourist Board Walker Welcome and Cyclcist Welcome award. Storage for bikes, equipment etc
Farm, air museum, farm theme park, beach, Edinburgh, touring centre
Fabulous countryside close to Edinburgh. The farm is located on the John Muir Way and the farmers, Jill and Colin Hunter have recently installed improved walkways, conservation ponds and hedging on the farm, resulting in wildlife on our doorstep. .
Stonelaws is an ideal base for walking, cycling or car exploration of the nearby attractions of North Berwick (Scottish Seabird Centre, wonderful beaches), Concorde at the Museum of Flight (1 mile), numerous East Lothian golf courses (including Whitekirk 1 mile away) and East Linton, an attractive conservation village with good delicatessen, butcher, and inns serving local food.
There are several good walkways for serious walkers nearby including the John Muir Trail, Binning Wood, whilst the farm is located on the right of way to East Linton.
Edidnburgh Airport 45 minutes, Newcastle Ferry 2 hours.
We won't charge you yet
Please note that usage-based cost can occur additionally. If you have any questions please get in touch with the owner directly.
CONDITIONS OF BOOKING
Bookings made through the online booking system are provisional until confirmed by the Owner.
Provisional bookings are accepted on the basis that the deposit is received within 5 days, otherwise the booking may be cancelled with no further notice.
1. To pay a non-refundable 20% deposit to confirm the booking, and to pay the full balance due not less than 6 weeks before the start of the booked period. If a booking is made less than six weeks before the start of the holiday, the full amount is payable immediately to confirm the booking. The Owners reserve the right to refuse entry if full payment has not been received , and to cancel the booking and re-let the property to alternative guests if full payment is not received six weeks prior to the start of the booked period.
2. If you have any reason to cancel your booking, you will forfeit a proportion of your payment. Cancellation up to 21 days prior 60% is forfeited and up to 7 days prior 80%^ is forfeited. We regret that we can not make any refund if you cancel within 7 days of your arrival.
3. To limit the total number of people occupying the booked property to that as stated as its maximum capacity.
4. To vacate the property by 10.00 am on the final day of let (Incoming guests may arrive from 4.00pm)
5. To leave the property clean and tidy, with full inventory, and to reimburse the Owners for any breakages, loss or damage.
6. To keep any dogs under strict control at all times and accept liability for any damage caused by them. As Stonelaws is a working farm, dogs should be kept on leash at all times within the farm steading.
7. Dogs are not allowed on furniture or in bedrooms. Dogs should not to be left alone at any time in or near the accommodation, unless being left in dog crate.
8. To use the property solely for the purpose as self-catering holiday accommodation and to accept the Owner’s right to refuse entry to the property any person considered unsuitable to take charge.
9. The cottage is strictly non-smoking. Smoking is not permitted within any part of the premises.
10. That the Owners shall not be held responsible or liable for any accident, loss or mishap to persons or property whilst on or using the premises, or from any illness or injury arising from any cause whatsoever.
11. To accept that should the property become available or unsuitable for letting subsequent to booking through any cause, the Owner’s liability will be limited to the amount of rent paid.
12. To allow the Owners or their agents access to the property at all reasonable times.
Mrs. Jill Hunter
I speak: English
Accommodation number: 59293
Hello. Jill and Colin Hunter run a 550 acre farm in the heart of East Lothian's lovely countryside, but only a short distance from the coast and lovely beaches. We look forward to welcoming you to our holiday cottage.
No reviews have been submitted for this accommodation. Write the first review now!