The Black Forest is the ideal recreation area as an oasis of calm to the stressful everyday life.
Our family-run vacation apartments in the heart of Menzenschwand are idyllically located in a nature park with wildlife enclosure, "Kneipp" pool, playground and mini golf course.
Menzenschwand is an oasis of tranquility as well as perfectly suited for hiking, mountain biking, cycling, cross-country skiing and Family Skiing. The famous Radon Wellness Bad offers a wonderful sauna area and treatments within 10 minutes walking distance.
Ideal are the apartments with about 50sqm for 2 to a maximum of 4 people.
Each of the 6 apartments is comfortably furnished.
- Internet connection (2Mbit) via WLAN or powerline adapter available. You can easily work in your home office with a view of the Black Forest.
- A large balcony depending on the apartment facing south, north or west with a wonderful view of the Black Forest, the brook "Menzenschwander Alp", which splashes in front of the house
- Large living room with closets, a dining table and a seating area.
- the apartments for a maximum of 4 persons have so-called "closet beds", which can be folded out of the closet in the living room. It is important to note: if you are traveling with children, who can be wonderfully accommodated in the closet beds, the living space is limited in use.
- Separate, smaller bedroom with 2 beds, which stand separately, but which can be pushed together to form a double bed if desired in most apartments
- A spacious kitchen equipped with microwave, refrigerator, kettle, toaster, filter coffee maker. 4 hotplates (no dishwasher available)
- Bathroom/WC - 2 apartments are equipped with bathtub with shower device, the other 4 with modern shower. Hair dryer available.
Bed linen, towels and table linen are provided. A washing machine can be used for a fee
The TV with SAT TV system offers all current SAT TV channels.
The Kapferer family is looking forward to your request.
Menzenschwand is located in the heart of the Black Forest.
The nature in Menzenschwand invites you to hike, relax, enjoy, bike, mountain bike or cross-country skiing or skiing in winter.
The family skiing lift "Mösle and Schwinbach lift" is a great family ski area, easily accessible in 20 minutes by foot or 5 minutes by car.
Culinary Menzenschwand is also worth a trip, because the restaurant Hotel Waldeck invites you to typical german and and self-hunted specialties and is located opposite the vacation apartments Bachmühle.
About 5 km away is the famous cathedral town of St. Blasien, which invites you to stroll and shop.
The cathedral in St. Blasien is the largest German domed church and invites you to concerts or an impressive guided tour.
The lake Schluchsee is with its dam of 930 meters the highest dam in Germany. A beautiful hiking trail surrounds it. The lakeside resort at Schluchsee is ideal for family outings.
The nearby Feldberg, at 1,493 meters, is the highest mountain in the southern Black Forest, inviting you to go hiking and skiing.
Other destinations are for example:
Colmar - Dorotheenhütte - Europapark - Freiburg - Rhine Falls - Staufen - Steinwasenpark - Titisee.
Menzenschwand is looking forward to your visit
Arrival is best by car.
Arrival by public transport:
- from Zurich airport: train to Zurich center - train to Waldshut (D), bus to St. Blasien -> pick-up can be organized by Haus Bachmühle from the bus station
- from Titisee/ Neustadt or Freiburg: Direct train connection to Aha - from Aha pick-up can be organized by Haus Bachmühle
Limited bus connection from Menzenschwand to St. Blasien (3x daily)
With the guest card, both the bus and the train to and from Freiburg can be used free of charge.
We won't charge you yet
Please note that usage-based cost can occur additionally. If you have any questions please get in touch with the owner directly.
Since we are family run, it is important to us that you carefully follow our cancellation policy.
- up to and with 28 days before arrival free cancellation possible
- from 27 to 14 days before arrival 30% of the stay price
- from 13 to 5 days before arrival 70% of the price of stay
- from 4 days before arrival the whole price of the stay is to be paid
vacation tax per day / person: 2.20 EUR, children 7 years and older per day / person 1 EUR
Mrs. Margret Kapferer
I speak: German and English
Accommodation number: 114202
For over 45 years I have been running the house "Bachmühle" with great attention to detail. There I welcome vacation guests in all generations for decades. The personal contact is important to me so that I can respond to all needs to give you an unforgettable and relaxing vacation in my little paradise. I offer you an oasis of peace with the babbling brook in front of the house as well as the deer and deer enclosure. A time out from the stressful everyday life. I look forward to your visit
9 am - 5.30 pm CET
This accommodation has 1 review and is recommended by 1 guest.