"B O A R D E L S"The guest house
Bookstore Antiquariat Lang
The so-called "Boardels House", derived from the name "Bartholomew" Henrich (1647 - 1689 from Neustadt), located in Friedhofsweg 2 in Rennerod. This half-timbered building is registered in the family Henrich-long and in the list of protected cultural monuments of the Westerwald district for nearly 300 years. According to an old beam inscription from the house, it dates from the time to "1723", was therefore built from one of Neustadt moved to Rennerod son or grandson of "Boardel", and is therefore probably one of the oldest surviving timber-framed houses in the urban area of Rennerod!
The scale as an extender homestead building complex with differing ridge height involved, identify as preserved original Umbauaupläne from 1893, in the western growing originally still a cowshed, a barn and a "miscarriage plus cesspool" (dry toilet / outhouse), also operating the last farmer working there and master blacksmith Georg Henrich ("Boardels Jersch" 1866 - 1935) until his death in a detached smithy left of the estate (now the car garage converted), diagonally across from the former Nassau Beschälstation. In such Oekonomiegebäuden the sires (sires) were established during the breeding period to cover the mares of private breeders in earlier times. Today the massive basalt stone from the mid-19th century as Sängerheim the male choir is used "Harmony" Rennerod.
After the devastating bombing of Rennerod on 16 March 1945 in which 37 people died, remained of "Boardels" half-timbered farmstead only the living quarters (Ern, kitchen, living room and sleeping chambers on two levels), while the attached barn and barn of a bomb to fell victim. Presumably any other stone construction would have been completely destroyed by the explosive force of the bomb; the residence of a massive oak beams truss structure has, however, this attack remarkably well. After the war the house was from the plumbing and Installateurmeister Josef Henrich ("Boardels Jupp", 1896 - 1966) and his son Rudolf Lang especially inside several times renovated and adapted to a contemporary living standard. Only the memory remained of all modernizations spared and still contains a lehmummantelte smokehouse for private Meat preservatives.
In 1972, the cultivation of a boiler room and bathroom on the ground floor in massive construction was carried out; In addition, the outer walls of the house of master plumber Rudolf Lang were (1925 - 2005) provided with a wooden battens and with sandblasted bitumen plates "verschin (at) delt". This was then a typical time, easy-care modernization, to be, however, reversed in the near future so that the Westerwald truss may have been restored to its historic splendor!
300 year old half-timbered house for 2 - 5 people on Westerwaldsteig in a southern region in the center of Rennerod. Around 120 square meters of living space on 2 floors (ceilings height in 2 living rooms about 1.80 m), 2 doubles, 1 single, fitted kitchen, 2 bathrooms, dishwasher, washing machine, TV. - Means mostly with historical furniture. - Yard and garden about 600 square meters, on request and at an additional cost with garage (also known as bicycle parking). - The EC is handicapped accessible. - No pets. -
Inklusive Strom, Wasser, Heizung, Bettwäsche, Hand-, Bade- und Küchentücher, Parkplatz.
Anreise und Abreisezeiten nach Absprache.
Please note that usage-based cost can occur additionally. If you have any questions please get in touch with the owner directly.
The host has specified no cancellation policy.
No reviews have been submitted for this accommodation. Write the first review now!